It’s important to gather as many leads as you can when you’re starting a business. These six strategies are some of the most effective ways to gather leads:
1. Increase Your Search Rankings
If you have high search rankings, a larger number of people will see your website. It’s essential to follow these steps to improve your search rankings:
- Get as many backlinks as possible. All of the backlinks that you gather must come from reputable websites.
- Make sure that your website contains anywhere from 1-3% keywords.
- Choose keywords that are relevant to visitors to your website who are from your area.
- Include a meta description. Your meta description for your page will be visible to people who are looking at the search results that could draw them to your page. Essentially, it’s best to think of a meta description as an advertisement for your website. Your meta description should be between 150 and 160 characters.
2. Let Customers Subscribe for More Information:
If visitors to your website or attendees of an event are able to subscribe to receive updates or a newsletter, you’ll be able to continue marketing to them after they leave your website or an event. If you write effective copy, it’s likely that these leads will convert. If you are a hosting a live event, it’s a good idea to use an event registration system to allow people to register for the event via an app on their phone or tablet. This can allow people who will be attending the event to subscribe to updates from your business. Luckily, there are apps available that feature a built-in event registration system that allows attendees to subscribe.
3. Write Effective Copy:
Not only does this mean that the content should be well-organized, but it’s essential to use as much persuasive language as much as possible. It is especially important to write catchy headings. If you aren’t a skilled copywriter yourself, it might be a good idea to hire a copywriter to create the content for you.
4. Improving Lead Generation with Cold Calling Can Be Effective:
While many people dread hearing telemarketers, a surprising number of people convert as a result of telemarketers. In fact, telemarketing is estimated to have a 2% conversion rate. Therefore, cold calling can be a good adjunct to other marketing strategies.
5. Design a Catchy Logo:
When it comes to gathering leads, it’s often true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Not only should a business website be designed well, it should also contain a visually appealing logo. If you have a talent for graphic design, you might be able to design your business’ logo yourself. If you aren’t experienced with graphic design, it will be best to hire someone to help you create a logo for your business.
6. Make Use of Auto Responses:
After a customer purchases your product or hires you, it’s important to keep in touch with them. However, you don’t have to personally call or email all of your previous customers. There are software programs that can send out the emails for you. These programs are available at an affordable price, and they can encourage customers to become leads for other products and services that your company offers.
Lead generation is one of the toughest obstacles any enterprise will face, and those existing exclusively online are not impervious to this cold hard reality. Luckily, there are a number of ways in which both technology and traditional business advice can help generate leads and therefore assist in achieving growth and success.